Saturday, June 5, 2010

Evan at WBGU-PBS Kids Extravaganza


This morning I went with Evan and his family to the WBGU-PBS KIDS Extravaganza. It was a fun time. There was face painting, many jumping inflatables, music, a fire truck demonstration, food, and visits with Ruby the Tree Frog and Clifford the Big Red Dog. I got to take Evan around as the other kiddos went on all of the inflatables. All Evan wanted was a balloon. As I pushed him around he kept saying "Balloon." After asking a nice lady, I found the tent where I could get Evan a balloon. When I asked Evan if he wanted a red or a blue balloon, he said, "Blue." Evan was so happy to get his balloon. He, also, played a game with frogs floating in water. He picked up a frog and got to pick a ball as a prize. He chose a green ball and then threw it. He knows what to do with a ball. Evan had his first snowcone... a blue one. He thought it was ice cream and made a funny face when I gave him the first bite. He did take a second bite and then said "Yummy." This photo is a picture of his first balloon. After awhile, Evan squeezed his balloon to tightly and it popped. I got another blue balloon for him and tied it to his stroller. He was not happy about that. I had a wonderful time with Evan. I saw so many Rainbow children and families. They all stopped and said, "Evan, I have heard all about you."

No comments: