Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last Night's Sleepover

We had Evan, J and M last night for a sleepover while Terence surprised Alisson with a 5th anniversary stay at a hotel and a couples' massage Saturday morning. We had fun but Evan woke up at 12:30am after going to bed at 7:45pm. I don't know why. I just held him for a few minutes and put him back in his crib. Around 1:00 he started crying. He would cry for 5 minutes and then fall asleep for 10 minutes. He cried for 5 minutes again and then fell asleep. I thought I would give him until 2:00am to fall asleep for the night or rather morning. At 2:00, I went in to his room. First I checked the diaper--- he had a dirty diaper. Then, I gave him a bottle. Evan drank 6ozs. After burping Evan, I laid him in his crib with his aquarium and music on. I do the same routine as Alisson does. When he sleeps over, I have Alisson & Terence bring his alarm monitor, his aquarium and his Johnny Jump Up. Well, he cried for a few minutes and then went to sleep. He slept then until 8:00am. Evan is going through a stage where he only likes his crib at home. This sounds very familiar to his Uncle Zach as a baby. Alisson said that our house is the only place Evan will sleep if anyone other than her puts him to bed. Evan has been sleeping in that crib since he was 6 weeks old so it should be like a second home to him... maybe???

No comments: