You have probably heard about the program Your Baby Can Read. Well, I started my own program with Evan at 7 months. I introduced word cards with objects that were meaningful to him. For example: ball, bottle, car, toy. He can now choose the correct word card when shown two cards. I do not know if I would call it reading. It shows Evan has a good visual memory. He recognizes ball, bottle, toy, car, eat, walk, bird, rain, red, dog. Evan really enjoys doing the cards or I would not have continued it. I even let him have the correct card and wrinkle it up. I can make more. Pappy took this photo as Evan and I were doing the word cards. I show the cards and ask, "Evan, where is the word "dog" and Evan touches the correct card. It is pretty neat. A few weeks ago I showed Alisson. She said, "Terence has got to see this." Terence had to do the cards and tried to trick Evan. He was amazed at how well Evan did. Terence told me "Good job" and wanted to know how Evan was doing it. I just explained that it was my version of Your Baby Can Read. I look at it as a research study and Evan is my subject.
The Third of June
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment