Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Evan!!!

 Evan likes his Lightning McQueen birthday cake.
 Evan is very interested in the cake.
When Evan first said he wanted a Lightning McQueen cake for his birthday, I started searching on the internet for easy ideas.  Pappy baked and carved the cake and I made the fondant.  It was the first time we worked with fondant.  I have watched many episodes of cake boss.
 We know it is not a prize winning cake, however, in our grandson's eyes, it is the best.  In our family, it is the tradition that Pappy bakes all birthday cakes.  I hope after this cake the other grandkiddos will still be content with a two layer cake.
Evan with his Mommy and Daddy.  Alisson admitted to me that she was unsure how this cake would be when I explained to her.  She thought it would be great if we just put a Lightning McQueen matchbox car on top of a two layer round cake.  Oh, no.... only the best for our grandchildren.

No comments: