Monday, March 22, 2010

Fun Sunday Night

We had Evan with us from 5:30-11:00pm Sunday. His family went to see the Toby Mac and Skillet concert. Evan sat in his highchair at the dinner table with us and ate a big bowl of spaghetti for dinner, bread, a banana and blueberry yogurt. When eating his yogurt, he said, "Cookie." Pappy asked, "Did he just say what I thought and he spelled "c-o-o-k-i-e". I gave him a small piece of a cookie because we had cake, too. I asked "Evan, do you want some cake?" Excitedly, he said "CAKE!" Evan fed himself all of the cake with a fork and he said, "Yum." I think he may have a sweet tooth. We were excited to see Evan use a spoon when eating his spaghetti. If we had some spaghetti on his spoon, Evan could even get some spaghetti into his mouth. What a big boy!!!! He went to bed so nicely for us. Evan asked for "doggy." He has a tiny silk blanket with a dog's head. We gave that to him and he put his thumb in his mouth and went right to sleep. Evan's Mommy called about 10:00 to tell us that they would be home at 11:00. Evan heard the phone ring and woke up. I changed his diaper and said, "It is still night night and you are going back to bed". He said "Bed. Doggy." Once again, he had his doggy blanket and went right back to be bed with no crying at all. Evan is such a good boy and so much fun!!!!! We are so blessed.

No comments: