Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun with Evan


Since today is a snow day for me, I called Alisson and asked if she would like me to watch Evan today. Does a mom ever say "No" when a grandma offers to watch her children???? I had a lot of fun with him today. Here is Evan watching PBS Sprout with The Berenstain Bears show. Today was the first time that Evan really played with the toy corn popper. He walked all over the house with it... either pushing it or pulling it along. It was great for me. As long as I heard the popper, I knew Evan was on the move and not getting into anything (which he usually never does, but, you never know). When the toy stopped, I would go check on Evan. It is sort of a baby monitor :). I, also, opened the sliding glass door and let Evan put his hands in the snow for a sensory experience. He felt around in the snow and said "Cold." I let him bring some snow in. When it melted, he kept looking at his hands as if he was wondering where the snow went. Too cute!!! When Alisson picked Evan up, she said to Evan, "You better keep being cute so Grammie will want to watch you." It is really easy to watch him now that he can tell me what he wants most of the time. I understand his language... for example... "wogger" is water. I remember Zach and Alisson both said "Gup" for milk and we always had to tell a babysitter what "gup" was.

No comments: