Sunday, August 16, 2009

Evan Playing


It is so interesting to watch and observe Evan playing with his Einstein toys. He used to just explore them. Now, he plays purposefully with them. He has learned to put the balls in the top of the caterpillar's head. In this picture, he is closing the flaps on a toy. This is a new skill he has just mastered. With this toy, he needs to learn how to move the blue handle to have the animal flaps open up. That is pretty tricky. I was rather impressed to see Evan close the toy flaps as it takes some strength and dexterity to do it. I choose different toys each day he plays at our house. Today when he first came into the house, I talked with him, etc. He started to explore and get into things. I said, "Just lookee Evan." He stopped crawling and sat up and looked. I realized he was bored and needed some toy stimulation. As soon as the toys were out, he no longer was interested in my no touch things. It is so true that you can change a child's behavior by just changing the environment.

No comments: